Building Strengths: Tools for Working with Clients and Employees
Wednesdays: July 31, August 7, August 14, and August 21 from 9:00-11:00 AM EST
Check this Date/Time for you with the International Time Zone Converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Register with a friend and receive $50 off tuition! Email Kelly Aluise for more information.
Approved for ICF and APA CEU's
Join us for this interactive and engaging online workshop that provides an in-depth exploration of the latest breakthrough strategies on strengths and how to use VIA Character Strengths in your work. Through case examples, interactive Q & A, demonstrations, lectures, interactive practice in dyads/groups, and more you will learn how to use VIA Character Strengths to re-frame problems and life circumstances, reach goals, improve performance, enhance relationships and more.
Description and focus of course
Faculty: Dr. Ryan Niemiec and Dr. Donna Mayerson
Using the lens of the VIA-Pro Character Strengths Report and its Practitioner’s Guide, two of VIA’s most seasoned practitioners provide personalized guidance to participants on the application of the following core themes:
- Overview and key issues, including signature strengths, strength blindness, inward/outward strength applications
- Building Positive Relationships, including discussions on recognizing and handling “hot button” sensitivity areas
- Reframing problems/conflicts, including pitfalls of overuse/underuse, purist strengths approach
- Goal-setting, including focus on strength interventions
- Character Strengths 360- including a tool to discover the character strengths that your friends, colleagues, and family members identify in you
Comparing VIA's "Building Strengths: Tools for Working with Clients and Employees" (4-week course) with VIA's "Activating Strengths: Exploring Strengths Applications and Interventions" (7-week course).
- The backbone of both courses is the VIA Classification of 24 character strengths.
- Best practices and the practice of character strengths are emphasized.
- Both involve a commitment to homework/practice exercises outside the time spent in each session.
- Both courses are inclusive of all professions/practitioners – coaches, consultants, counselors/therapists, business managers, educators, etc.
- The Building Strengths course is conceptualized as a more advanced course that builds off of the participants’ knowledge and practice of character strengths. [VIA suggests that people who register for this course meet one of two criteria – that they have already taken VIA's "Activating Strengths" course or are a seasoned practitioner who is ready to integrate strengths more in their work; those that do not meet one of these criteria are encouraged to first take the 7-week Activating Strengths course]
- Building Strengths uses the new VIA-Pro report as a focal point for all sessions.
- Building Strengths employs synchronous (live) communication; it is not recorded or available for later review.
- Building Strengths includes several live demonstrations by the facilitators.
- Building Strengths includes live interaction with other participants, in dyads and small groups.
- Building Strengths includes opportunities for live facilitator feedback and live Q & A.
- Building Strengths uses a different web platform called Maestro that enables live interaction among participants and allows the facilitators to jump from dyad to dyad to listen, provide comments/feedback, and answer questions.
*NOTE: THIS COURSE IS NOT A CERTIFICATION IN THE VIA INVENTORY OF STRENGTHS OR THE VIA CLASSIFICATION. THE VIA INSTITUTE DOES NOT OFFER CERTIFICATION AT THE PRESENT TIME.
- Building Strengths includes a code good for 3 VIA-Pro reports ($120 value) that participants will use throughout the course. The practice with these will help them feel competent in using the report with clients.
- Space is limited for the Building Strengths course because of the interactions that are arranged and the facilitator feedback that is implemented.
- Building Strengths has fewer weeks but longer sessions [4 weeks at 2 hours vs. 7 weeks at 1 hour]
- Building Strengths is led by 2 VIA staff psychologists.
Cost is $350. Tuition includes 3 VIA Pro Reports to use throughout the Intensive. DISCOUNTS
--Register in groups of 2 or more and receive $50 off each tuition. Email Kelly Aluise for more information:KellyA@viacharacter.org
-- ALL VIA Graduates (individuals that have taken at least one on-line or in-person course offered by VIA) receive $50 off tuition. You will receive the discount at checkout. Limit 1 discount per person.